In 2020, as our nation began to confront social justice issues, Boxley began a formal process to determine how our company can be more intentional about our diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) efforts.
A team of eight employees from different business lines, backgrounds, and demographics joined together to begin the needed awareness. Open conversations gave a raw look at where Boxley stacked up according to the employees and where they saw room for improvement. By adding a Commitment Statement to DE&I and updating our Company Vision and Core Beliefs, the team set a precedence that the company will uphold.
“When I was approached about being a part and taking charge of the DE&I team, I knew our work was going to be the beginning of a difference within the company. The team came up with great suggestions and insight that were met with positive feedback and encouragement from our Leadership Team. We want to continue to be a step ahead in meeting challenges like this. I’m excited to see the future of this program and am optimistic about the path it will lead the company down.” – Stacy Barbour (Quarry Manager- Fieldale/DE&I Chairperson)
We will be the industry leader in all facets of our business with the diverse talent to sustain it.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Boxley’s culture will be inclusive, where all employees are valued for their diversity of ability, backgrounds, and perspectives with equitable opportunities for growth and advancement. We will recruit, retain, foster, and reward diverse talent that enables Boxley to deliver the highest quality, innovative products, and services that make us an industry leader.
Company Core Beliefs
- Work safely
- Hire, train, retain and promote the best people
- Involve our employees in the decision-making process
- Maintain an inclusive and supportive workplace
- Respect differing opinions and encourage healthy debate
- Provide equitable opportunities for personal growth and professional development
- Reward outstanding contributions throughout the organization
- Be honest
- Build long-term relationships
- Deliver quality from the ground up
- Be active participants in improving the quality of life in our communities
- Be responsible stewards of the environment
- Commit to be a little better at what we do each and every day
- Earn profits to support our corporate growth and beliefs
To stay up to date on all things Boxley, follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.